Friday, June 24, 2011

wandering again

This time its graphic design*. The main subject that got me into this whole IT/computer mess to begin with.

I've begun looking for things to do in this government atmosphere. Careers to pursue that I will actually be able to stay focused on, and not drift for lack of interest. So far I've come up with

Technical Writer - SNORE
Marketing - seemingly nonexistent
Technical Trainer - promising
Graphic Design - even more promising

Today I overheard ( because the woman refuses to have closed-door meetings in her office just across from my cube) they were desperate to find a graphic designer. And that they had spots they needed to fill that they'd been unsuccessful filling! I'm like ah HA! There ARE countless gov jobs available. They're just too uppity or not smart enough to hire people without clearances! I'm almost POSITIVE there are hundreds of good talented private sector folk, starving trying to make a living off the sparse jobs available outside of government. Its crazy!

I digress.. I've been trying to devise a way to find a job that sends me back to school ( sans Sallie Mae bills) for something I'll actually be able to build a fulfilling career from. SIGH. Guess Ill find out if its a pointless pursuit... And of course, I'll let you know!



*I'd like to note here, that my wandering eye has always at least stayed within the artsy/creative circle. At least I dont want to be pilot one day and a garage attendant the next. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...