Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Parenting/Housekeeping Idea of the Week: The Stuff-Bucket

Ni Hao Gentes,




So EVERY freakin weekend I’m cleaning. Every day I’m hustllin’ – kids, school, work, practice, strip and bathe, dinner, rinse and repeat. I just have NO time to spot clean! The problem is clutter. Every day we get up, throw our PJ’s ( Yeah, me too) wherever, use everything in the bathroom ( towels, hair products, toothpaste etc.) and leave it on the counter or floor. We eat and make lunches. The dishes and “stuff” used are usually on the counter happily greeting me with crumbs and sweet smells of syrup or oatmeal when I get home. ( ew!) We come home and shoes go into the ShoeBox by the door. Clothes get thrown on the floor in the bedrooms and bathrooms, and the “stuff” from the day barely makes past my bedroom doorway. I have a corner full of “what-the-crap” right by my bed. And after I'm done spot cleaning for the munchkins "erry day"... I kick it outta my way and get in my bed. Its really crazy by Saturday. So I’ve decided, since the ShoeBox Idea works so well:


Tyler Shoebox Law of 2004
“All persons with feet must place their Shoes into the shoebox upon entry to the house. No one wears shoes in the house on the carpets. Shoe box gets emptied at the end of every week, depositing shoes into the closet they belong to.”



I am going to incorporate StuffBoxes into everyone’s rooms. The bathrooms and kitchen I can clean daily. This is normal and doesn’t bother me because I like for them to be clean. Makes me feel like a good mom. *Shrugs*. But the rooms looking a hot mess every day – namely mine because I DO spot clean thier rooms every night, just not my own... mostly because I'm beat! – its unacceptable. I must corall the kids and my droppings ..lol...and make cleaning up easier somehow! So I have created an passed amongst the parliament, a new law. Ahem:


Tyler StuffBox Law of 2011
“A Tupperware container shall be designated to each bedroom to contain all stuff dropped in each of the bedrooms. End of the week, or sooner, the stuff box shall be emptied and “Stuff” returned to its place. Be it clothes, shoes, the laptop, coats, Car droppings, living room randomness..etc… all things shall be deposited here in order to keep the room tidy at all times. “


I have SPOKEN. *Flips hair, throws cape behind me and exits dramatically*

Shooooot. I may incorporate this law for ALL rooms in the house. Dont make me get creative and make the boxes match  and blend with the room! lol This way, cleaning the house is simply assigning a box or two to everyone!! WOOT!


Toodles!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...