Tuesday, May 31, 2011

REPOST: Alone and UNLonely

I need to get back to this!!

Alone and UNLonely

I've always been relationshippy. My first boyfriend was when I was 12... and I swear to you, that its been "On to the Next" ever since. I cant remember the last time ( and I dont think there really ever was...) that I was actually single, not talking to someone or in the process of being "together". I'm not sure yet whether thats a good thing or a bad habit.

As a result of my serial relationship habit, I've come face to face with a fear I've known I've had for a long time. Singlehood. I'm not afraid of not having a boyfriend... I can totally handle the drama-less nights. Its the boredom. Ive found myself struggling to keep me occupied, so that I dont cave and just go out with whoever asks, or slip into depression and sleep all my free time away. Recently, Yesterday as a matter of fact, while visiting my little sister - who's fabulously single, loves it, currently dating a certain celebrity's little brother, and has the job of EVERYone's dreams - she pointed out that I thrive when I reinvent myself, and that I need to decide what I want to be next, and perfect it.

What do I want to be next? I've been talking about that for a while. I decided to step back and think about the thing I'm so afriad of. The Boredom. Why am I so restless? What could I be doing with my time? Why do I have so much time?

The more I thought about it, the clearer it became that I really am not all that bored when I put my mind to doing all that it takes to be this "new Me". I have business calls I make, new money to manage, places to go, things I like doing.. and I also find that I meet new people 9 times out of 10 when I'm doing all these things... alone. Honestly some of my best or most successful days I have are days where I'm proud of myself for accomplishing something totally out of my comfort zone, on my own.

So today, I took a step out the door... fresh faced and open for new adventures... Adventures being ME!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...