Tuesday, October 25, 2011

CURLFORMERS!

So I was super SUPER excited to do these.. here's how it went!


Prepoo'd with Almond and Olive Oil, Detangled and braided into twists. Washed and conditioned with Aussie Moist. Towel dry. Let it air dry for about 15 minutes. Damp hair. NOT WET. "Heavy handedly" Applied more Olive/Almond Oil mix  and leave in conditioner (Cantu)  . Rolled with CURLFORMERS,

Set for 8 hours. Unrolled with Oil on fingertips. NOTE: The very top needed to be set on more than 3 rollers. This is the thickest part of my hair and I shouldve known it wouldnt be completely dry. Crinkled roots in a few places. Tried to fix by re-rolling and blowdrying... worked for one but not the other. :/ Other than that PERFECT CURLS! Soft and bouncy!

Perfect curls dont really last that long. lol Day 2 is not a ponytail, but its a pin back. Curls are down the back. Its cool. Didnt like the Driver's lic pic, but... what do you do. SIGH! (I need my tan back! Lookin pale in this one!)

NOTES FOR THE FUTURE:

  • Set Middle of hair on more rollers to give it a better chance at drying.
  • CURLFORMERS HURT. I am tenderheaded and this may just be me... but sleeping was IMPOSSIBLE and I felt because I was learning and this was my first time... I was being too heavy handed trying to pull the hair thru the curlformer with the rod. It was definitely ouchy and I hope I didnt tear my hair. :/ Cant do this more than once every 2 weeks.  Will def try to be gentler next time.
  • CURLFOMERS will get your roots straight or stretched I should say.. but this is why it hurts to sleep on them. Get close to the root if you want to... be prepared to have beautiful curls and no sleep. :) 
  • I dont need this much oil. After the curls fell my hair was limp and oily. I think I will modify CurlyNikki's regimen and only oil my scalp. My hair can have an oil moisterizer.. but it didnt need to be oiled along with my scalp. I'm leaving drip drip jheri curl juice marks every where and this is not cool. lol
Over all the Curlformers did their job and I will be stretching my hair from now on as part of my regimen. :) Hooray!

1 comment:

Lavendar said...

Beautiful! I love the results on your hair. I'm hoping to try them soon on my transitioning hair.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...