Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fairy Knots, Breakage and shrinkage

Sooo reading one of my online-girl CurlyNikki  (who prob dont know me from a can of marshmallow juice lol ) posts about Henna, she talks about how she stopped for a while and experienced smaller hair, breakage and fairy knots. I have those anyway. I'm still not sure I want to Henna since its permanent... but I DO want stronger hair that doesnt spit my product back at me because its so lightweight.

PAUSE: Did I just wipe some "oil sweat" away from my temples?? UH-Uhhh This oil regimen is too much!! GTO! ( Get Thee OUT! )

I need moisture, for my hair and scalp because even with the nice heavy texture the oil is giving my hair - by the end of the day my hair is dry feeling, scalp is itchy... and I'm just greasy. When I put some of that "castor Oil" product my mom had or the "Olive oil" one I bought - my hair felt soooo gooood. Like it literally felt like each strand had drunk a glass of water and my scalp was digesting it. THAT GOOD. I think I'm going to continue to oil - just not every day. Maybe every 2 days. And just on my scalp. In the meantime I need to purchase that stuff my mom has, and start doing my twist outs dry with butters, puddings and merengues instead of wet with oils. Looks like I'm a dry/damp twistie. :) Especially now that I'm stretching instead of wet setting.  

My goal is to find something that conditions my hair enough that I dont have to bother it every day. As of right now, I'm doin a lot with it. Trying to find my "regimen". First off the list - Easy on the OIL!

Back to Henna.. I need to ask my stylist what I can do about breakage. I'm pulling out long strands here. And fairy knots. I'm wondering where the heck these things are coming from! And if Henna is going to get rid of them - what ELSE can I use that will do the same trick? Protein?


Hmmmm.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...