Thursday, October 20, 2011

FAIL, of the Epic porportion (10 braids, Rolled Ends)


So I tried the 10 braid dry twist out, inspired by CurlyNikki and Napptural85. Before you judge me, and say I didnt do it right, here's what I did!:

- Sectioned my hair into 10 braids and detangled before braiding.
Minimum shedding, which was good. A lot of finger detangling ( since the last style was equivalent to straw curls- which is my natural curl diameter)  and use of a wide wiiiiddde tooth comb.


- Used Aussie Moist Shampoo and Deeeeeeep Conditioner on each section, smooshing the product thru and rebraiding each section.
Review: The shampoo took a bit to lather but it was not runny and smelled nice. I think non runny is good because at least it means it IS a moisterizing poo. The Deeeep Conditioner... #nolove. It was runny and didnt take much at all to saturate my hair - but there were parts of my hair that felt stiff and dry after I rinsed. I rinsed with warm water first and then with cool. What gives? I stood in the shower and froze my buns for nothing?
Next up to try : Aussie Moist Conditioner ( the regular one)

- MissJessies CurlyMeringue
Or whatever the name of that stuff is. I smoothed it onto my twists to give my hair some moisture since my deeeeeep consdition left my hair feeling brittle and wierd in some places.  #FAIL again. It did NOTHING.  It smelled nice but was probably meant for looser curls. I should have just stuck with the purple one in her line called Curl Creme. I also added some Doo Grow Tea tree oil to my scalp since its an old staple of mine. It really does well with hair growth and scalp maintanance in the cold/dry weather.

- Rolled the ends
I didnt find the CurlFormers in the Pink Beauty Store, I need to go look in a Sally's this weekend. Most likely tho, my impulsive nature will have me purchase them online probably 40 seconds after I post this. Or less. I really cant wait to try them!! Anyway, instead I used regular perm rods, with the little rubber string on them and the cap, and combed smooth and wrapped my ends around them. I even did the Tshirt wrap up to sleep in, because Napptural85 is right - there is less frizz and more drying over night than a towell wrap provides.

-Woke up DAMP
UGH! My hair was still damp 7 hours later. Not soaked, but definitely too damp to hold any curls from the perm rods, and barely showed any bendage from the twists. So my twist out was baggy and wavy instead of uniform... and frizzy since it was being handled before dry. I tried to hold the twists in place and blow dry them... eh... no such luck.

I wont picture the hairdisaster here, but let it be known I had to rock the quick fix  "It Aint Come Out Right" do'... which is a pin up with a Amy Winehouse bump in the front, and optional head bands to give it texture and make it look purposeful.

#kanyeshrug

Next: How to do my patented, Quick Fix "It Aint Come Out Right, Rescue Me! " Hairdo.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...