Thursday, December 29, 2011

GOC: Length Check

Merry Chirstmachannakwanzica!!!

Well Dahhhlings its been 6 weeks... ok maybe its been like 8. lol But I just had another trim done so my hair is straightened at the moment. So here's my length check pics for my Grow Out Challenge! I'll do a comparison for ya:
End of October 2011

We see here that when pulled straight ( my hair was curled under with the flat iron) I was about mid-shoulder blade on the bottom layer. The other layers were cut to make my hair fall fuller, and so they range from about top-shoulder blade to length to nape length.

End of December 2011
Yay! Nowwww we are JUST below shoulder blade length in just 2 months! I'm a "henna head" now so we see the improvement in fullness too! My goal here is still to be collar bone length with my braid/twistouts... so we will see in about a week or so when I wash and twist! So far I have only done ONE henna gloss treatment and I'm still a bit iffy about if I'm going to continue. My stylist put in a protein treatment and a hydration treatment together, because I was experiencing dryness and breakage. I told her I had henna'd a few weeks ago, and she seemed to think a treatment would be ok. I trust her! I was a bit scared because I DEF had the BIGGEST, most tightly curled afro I'd ever seen my hair perform after the hydration steam treatment, but it was all good once my hair was blown out. My scalp is still hecka dry since she uses no grease or heavy oils ( just like a drop of morrocan oil lol  )  to style my hair with. It definitely makes the finished product silky and light weight... but after 6 days - and yes this pic is 6th day after-salon hair WOOT! - I needed to apply some tea tree oil BADLY. So I did. And I'm not greasy. YAY!



Bonus:
Here's a pic of me showing my length  and texture, post henna with curls some time around 3 weeks ago. Definitely some curl loosening going on here, and thats from just ONE henna gloss!
Cant wait to see what my curly length is now!!! XOXO
Happy New Year to Yerrr!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...