Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ohh! I almost forgot....

I've been sick lately and have not been posting... ( My bad..) But I found out something very interesting about Anxiety disorder when mine started to try to kick me in the boo-tox last week, and compounded with my ear infection ... I was dizzy and in pain, thought I was having a heart attack and couldnt keep my food down! It was a WRAP! But here's what I learned:

READ HERE about indegestion and anxiety.

 I found out that I had an ear infection, yes... but that dizziness without the ear infection ( that I seem to have ALL the daggon time) can also be an INDIGESTION symptom. So lets recap on all my "anxiety symptoms", so you can go with me on this:

Dizzyness
Muscle cramps/muscle pins and needles
random tingling in hands and feet
shortness of breath
heart palpitations
sudden fatigue
nausea/upset stomach
chills/shaking
headache

After some really scary pain in my chest and left arm, and some heart palpitations/shortness of breath, my doctor made me wear a Holter device for 24 hours to monitor my heart, and find out exactly what was happening during my "attacks". I was almost certain them bad boys were gonna disappear and make a liar out of me, but medical stuff makes me queasy so it turned out to make the perfect attack environment. I felt awful almost the WHOLE time I had it on. So I was definitely relieved that we would finally see what the dealio.. but also scared that my results would be bad.

Turns out, my holter report was totally NORMAL. PRAISE JESUS!!! I told my doctor about how usually the symptoms are eased by peppermints or tea, or belching ( heehee) and he said perhaps I just have an issue with indigestion!! of all things!! HALF of these symptoms could be coming from my constant indigestion! I mean, I pretty much ALWAYS have indigestion. More so lately than any other time but my "cure" for an anxiety attack is usally strong peppermints. Be it peppermint tea or Altoids, they usually do the trick. And we all know Simethicone (Gas X) Calcium ( Tums) or Peppermints are a cure for indigestion as well. Could I have been fixing the indigestion and therefore stopping the anxiety attack?? Could my anxiety attacks be brought on by indigestion issues?? Could I possibly STOP my anxiety by fixing the indigestion issue??


My doctor prescribed a medicine that I'm supposed to take in the morning every day that stops indigestion. I'm scared to take it because I dont want to be like my dad ( who has to take Prilosec EVERY DAY) in order to not be sick every day. What if I forget? I'm notorious for forgetting pills! ( Which is why at age 30 I have a child who is almost 9... Ticallion HMMM lol )  I'm gun shy of meds tho because I still feel that my anxiety was caused by a misdiagnosis where a nurse was "trying" a medicine on my finger pain symptoms. I will need to talk to him about medicines ( if I must take them) that heal the esophagus and make it so that I dont need to take them anymore, not something that will make me worry more - priming myself for horrible attacks when and if I do skip a day. So far I've been able to really SIGNIFICANTLY reduce my anxiety in the past week, just knowing that the really scary symptoms have all been indigestion - and being able to PROVE it by curing it with simple Altoids or Tums.

Either way, I've resolved to exercise everyday ( because I slept like a baby last night after a great workout!!) to try to keep my stress levels down, and drink lots of peppermint tea and keep my altoids handy for flare ups. Also I've made a concious effort to try to chew more slowly and eat slower ( jeez, right!? ) to help prevent swallowing air. I read also that estrogen is a cause of indigestion, so my wonderful Mirena Birth control pills are not exactly helping me out here. ( Side eye... because all this DID start shortly after I was put on mirena after my second son... compounded with the anti-deps misdiagnosis .... hmmmm!! )

ANY WAY ...lol tmi...

I'm really turning over some new leaves!! Hopefully they will STAY turned over and I wont be looking back at this blog next year like "MMMhmmmm!" lol

Ciaobellas!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...