Saturday, December 3, 2011

HAIR WHISPERER: What my hair wants IS what my hair needs!

Wassssupp Beautiful Natural Women!!




(Throws up West Side Signs and says COOR (car) a few times in my Ice Cube Voice. )



Hahah ok I realize I’m on the East Coast.  I was just rocking to the song “Today was a Good Day” by Dr. Dre… and whilst creating my own Faux-West-Coast Vixen-in-the-mirror video.. I was looking at how DRY my hair looks after such a bomb twistout on Monday.  Sadness. Whines: “But I haaave been adding oil.” SIGH. Anyway it led me to thinking about what my hair has tried to tell me is best for it. My BEST Wash N Go’s happen when I section my hair and co-wash each section, and then condition again and cold water rinse. My BEST twistouts happen when after a wash, I tension dry until only damp and then twist with shea butter as my sealant and a water based moisturizer as my top coat. Shoot.. my BEST Blow outs are sans oil. My scalp is DRY AS HECK… and ITCHY!! But the hair looks bomb. I have to figure out what works for both my scalp AND my hair. Bomb Hair falling out in LONG pieces from my dry scalp is soo not “whats real in the streets”. Yet I’m thinking no matter how hard I try to follow these instructions people have out here… oil just is NOT my friend. My dry scalp will just have to get oiled ONCE a week…after washing like it used to get when I had locs. My hair loved it then and it will probably love it again. I used to use Doo Gro – Tea tree oil, and my scalp would be all tingly and happy – not a flake in sight for 6 whole YEARS.




No drippy oil ( once it is massaged in ) and no greasy Ashanti side burns. Yep. Time to curb the PJ in me and hide the Blue magic, Almond oil, Olive oil, and all those other oils from myself. Tea Tree is my magic potion.



Side bar: Their formula lately has been looking a little Greener than it used to. And it’s less tingly too. Makes me wonder if they changed the formula any. Hmmm.


BYRG,

~Maya



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...