Saturday, December 3, 2011

Well Folks... Henna may be out. :(



I followed the directions... I watched all the vids I could.... I slept in the henn-mud. And I'm not that impressed with my results:

- I actually saw MORE breakage if not the same as I'm used to, this time with whole strands instead of broken ones.
- My hair still feels dry and is hard to pull apart from itself, like the strands have bonded to each other at the ends or something in some places.
- I've rinsed like 6 times. Still seeing light light light orange dropplets. Not sure if this means more rinsing or what.

Hello Hydration by Herbal Essence DID however prove to be awesome. Like Aussie Moist awesome. It felt great going on, my hair was bouncy, moist and holding the moisture in. I didnt want to rinse it out! Even after rinsing my hair was still soft. Not so much after squeezing dry though. I have a feeling I would have loved to use this as a leave in BEFORE I'd decided to try henna. #newstaple

- I'm not sure if the shine is from the oil I just shellacked my hair with, or from the henna.

I'm in twists, and they are pretty... but I just dont see the difference I was looking for. My roots ARE thicker... I wanted my HAIR to be bigger,  (didnt I? ) so this may be what I want.

I dont know, Dear Henna Heads. I know everyone gave it a second try when their first session wasnt  "love it love it".: Could it be that people who love Henna really already had the hair they wanted, and are just adding the perfect conditioner by henna'ing? All the "official" henna sites say this is SO GOOD for my hair... I'm just not seeing "knock me down" results. Maybe I need to try it again? I'm scared it will be even drier!

Hmmm. :/  Not sad but disappointed. I'd be sad if say, all my hair fell out, or broke off or my hair was orange or something. But I'm ok with "not that noticeable" results. Better than surprises!  I'm going to rinse again tonight leaving my twists in, and possibly rewash and condition with HEHH tomorrow night if needed. Vas a ver.

side note funnies: Why did my bff ( Best stylist ever) call me while I was twisting and agonizing this morning? LOL Her spidey hair senses were tingling. Hope I dont have to go thru the "i told you so's". Come on henna... you need to wow me with this twistout, dude. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...